As I outlined in my first post to this site, my goal is to create a tool and/or system wherby existing or future social networks can better plug their members into service opportunities. For example, an implementation might offer members of Ryze an additional selection on their menu for service opportunities in a number of different views:
- Opportunities in their area
- That their company is already involved in
- That their friends are participating in
- That are sponsored by their alma mater
- That pertain to their posted areas of interest
- That pertain to their defined demographic or psychographic profile
- etc etc
Again, my underlying premise with Samaritan-Web is that it is basic human nature to want to help other people, but unless those opportunities are convenient, most people will not participate. I hope to make service opportunities more convenient. If you have any thoughts on this, please let me know.
Over the next several weeks I will continue to document the various social networks and collaboration technologies prevalent today, after which I will begin to tie them together with my thoughts on network science and collaboration.