June 2016 Content Wrap-Up
To my friends in the US, Happy 4th of July! I’m with family this weekend in California enjoying some fun in the sun in gold country, but I thought I’d pause and push out my monthly content summary before rejoining the festivities.
From an event perspective, things are slowing down for the summer, as planned. I participated in the IT Unity Connect Online event with a session, and of course just returned from SPTechCon Boston, where I had 2 sessions, a Lightning Talk, and participated in the Stump the Experts panel, all of which you can find detailed in my last post.
For July, the major event is the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference taking place in Toronto, where several of us from the Beezy leadership team will be attending. Looking forward to discussions with partners and Microsoft – and if you will be attending and want to learn more about how you can partner with the leading social collaboration platform for SharePoint and Office 365, please ping me.
Upon return, I’ll be going through the fun activity of moving to another state. Oh, the joys of moving. More on that in a future post.
On the content front, there’s been a lot of activity behind the scenes getting ready for a major feature release (this week!) and some other sales and marketing material, mostly for partners. But I did still manage to conduct a few webinars and demos, and generate some other content, which you can find below.
Once I return from Toronto, I expect to push out a more steady clip of Beezy blog posts, and videos. We’re doing a lot of background work to automate our marketing, but my goal is to still regularly write about the core capabilities of the Beezy solution, some of which you can see in my posts this past month:
- The Innovation Disconnect with Idea Management (Beezy blog) http://bit.ly/29cGPR3
- The Future of the Digital Workplace (Beezy blog) http://bit.ly/29hUZ0Q
- One Simple Interface for Content Creation (Beezy blog) http://bit.ly/29s70kM
- The Role of the Newsfeed in the Digital Workplace (Storify) http://bit.ly/29oJGqv
Of course, the #MeasureCollabSuccess initiative continues to roll out, with the first survey in the series now completed, and the second survey getting ready to launch. Watch for that. You can find the download for the first survey below, with some interesting insights from members of the panel:
- Measuring the Impact of SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online (SlideShare) http://bit.ly/29dz61c
- Measuring Collaboration Success: Survey Results (Beezy) http://bit.ly/293Y9nD
- How to Measure the Impact of SharePoint (Beezy blog) http://bit.ly/29s6ZgC
- Now that SharePoint is Deployed, How do I Measure Success? (SlideShare) http://bit.ly/29pPQqJ
One of the topics that fell out of the monthly CollabTalk show on IT Unity was carried over to my monthly tweetjam: the Rise of the Citizen Developer. It’s not a new topic, and we’ve discussed it from time to time, but there seems to be an increase in content on this topic – and within the Microsoft sphere, it’s largely due to the latest announcements around PowerApps, Flow, and other SharePoint tools. I touched on this connection, and what it all means to organizations, in my latest RedmondMag.com article. If you missed the tweetjam, you can find the point-by-point Storify summary below:
- The Citizen Developer: Reaching New Heights in SharePoint (RedmondMag) http://bit.ly/29gIsge
- Discussing the Rise of the Citizen Developer (buckleyPLANET) http://bit.ly/29gIIvw
- The Community Discussion on "Citizen Developers" (Storify) http://bit.ly/29hNmIy
Where my content has decreased has been around general topics on collaboration. This is purely due to time – not enough minutes in the day (and a fairly hectic weekend schedule as I’ve been selling a house, buying a new house, packing, etc). Hope to see an increase here in the summer months as things quiet down:
- Unlocking Information Silos (LinkedIn) http://bit.ly/29nxepV
- Social Without Context Is Just Chat (LinkedIn) http://bit.ly/29gIiW7
- Productivity Hacking for Team Collaboration (SlideShare) http://bit.ly/29rr4Xr
Finally there was some interesting news this past month with Micrposoft announcing their acquisition of LinkedIn, and some of the typical, blatant self-promotion:
- Microsoft Buys LinkedIn, Office Graph Benefits (buckleyPLANET) http://bit.ly/29gIqVo
- June 2016 Event Plans (buckleyPLANET) http://bit.ly/29oJ1FF
- Another SPTechCon for the History Books (buckleyPLANET) http://bit.ly/29nykBY
- Beezy Announces SPTechCon Boston Gold Sponsorship (PRLog) http://bit.ly/29s6nYC
Ok, that’s my June summary. I’m heading down to the lake. Ciao.