The SharePoint Product Team, Community Questions, and #SPC18
The SharePoint Conference North America (www.SharePointNA.com) is rapidly approaching, and things are heating up! Microsoft is partnering with an external event team, and has put together an advisory board of MVPs and Regional Directors to make the much-loved SharePoint Conference a reality once again, which will take place at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas in May. To help disseminate conference plans and session details, Microsoft is promoting speaker social campaigns, as well as videos via YouTube, including the ‘Road to @SPConf’ panel discussions (here and here), and more recently the ‘Speaker Spotlight’ series (hey, it’s Rob Windsor!) — where you’ll learn more from the individual speakers. With sponsorships almost sold out, this event is quickly becoming the must-attend event of the year!
In this month’s CollabTalk tweetjam, we will be discussing “The Road to #SPC18 and Las Vegas” with the entire SharePoint, OneDrive, and Yammer product team, as well as #SPC18 event organizers, to answer your questions about the sessions, community plans, and more. Join us on Wednesday, February 21st at 9am Pacific via Twitter and the #CollabTalk hashtag using your favorite Twitter dashboard (Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Buffer, etc) to take part in the dialog. Come participate with our amazing panel, and join in on yet another great online discussion!
If you have never participated in one of these tweetjams, it’s pretty simple: anyone can jump in and share their thoughts, or just lurk in the wings and absorb the wisdom of the crowd. Either way, it’ll be a TON of content to consume in a single hour. You can follow the live session using the Twitter UI of your choice. How it works is that I’ll post a series of questions every few minutes, and people will respond to Q1, Q2, Q3 and so forth with A1, A2, A3, always including the #CollabTalk and #SPC18 hashtags with their answers. Feel free to reply as often (or as little) as you’d like, ask your own follow up questions, share relevant links, re-tweet others, and engage with the audience.
The questions we will discuss during this month’s tweetjam include:
- SPC is back! What are the benefits of having an event solely dedicated to SharePoint, OneDrive and Yammer?
- Whether you are an IT Pro, Dev, or End User — what topics do you want to hear the most about at #SPC18?
- Microsoft has a strong ecosystem, but what should the focus be for the #SPC18 Expo Hall?
- What surprises do you think Microsoft has in store as news and announcements at #SPC18?
- What advice would you offer those who are attending their first SharePoint Conference?
- Beyond sessions and workshops, what community aspects of #SPC18 are you most excited about?
- With the entire product team assembled, this is your chance — what are your burning questions about SharePoint and #SPC18?
As always, there will be side-questions, side-conversations, and wise-cracking throughout. This is open to the public, so please join in the discussion! The dialog is always thought-provoking and fun.
Our panel this month will include the following:
- Dan Holme (@danholme), director of SharePoint and Yammer product marketing at Microsoft
- Stephen Rose (@stephenlrose), senior product manager for OneDrive for Business at Microsoft
- Bill Baer (@williambaer), senior technical product manager at Microsoft
- Mark Kashman (@mkashman), semi-pro Instagram photographer and senior product manager at Microsoft
- Naomi Moneypenny (@nmoneypenny), senior product manager for SharePoint at Microsoft
- Chris McNulty (@cmcnulty2000), senior product manager for SharePoint at Microsoft (and still here)
- Aaron Rimmer (@aaronlrimmer), director of OneDrive at Microsoft
- Steve Nguyen (@espnguyen), product manager for Yammer at Microsoft
- Christina Torok (@christoroktech), product manager for Microsoft Stream at Microsoft
- Connie Woo, product manager for Yammer at Microsoft
- Angus Florence (@angusflorance), senior product manager for Yammer at Microsoft
- Ankita Kirti, product manager for OneDrive at Microsoft
- Jason Moore (@jasmo), Partner Group program manager at Microsoft
- Jackie Baillie (@jacbaillie), managing director at SharePoint Conference North America
- and your host, Christian Buckley (@buckleyplanet), Microsoft MVP, founder & ceo of CollabTalk LLC
If you are interested in being a sponsor of a future tweetjam, please contact me at CollabTalk.com
Also published on Medium.