Upcoming SharePoint Events
The next few onths will be extremely busy as we prepare for the SharePoint 2010 launch, and my company, echoTechnology, prepares to release our new 2010 platform, which we call Davinci. Leading up to that launch, and throughout the remainder of the year, I will be speaking at a number of SharePoint community events. My primary topic is “Metadata Management in a Social Media World,” but I am mixing it up a bit for a couple events where I am co-presenting. Most of these events are free, so I hope to see you there!
Here’s what I have lined up to date:
· IMAGINE SharePoint, April 1st, New York City (echo is a sponsor)
· SharePoint Saturday Charlotte, April 10th (giving away a Zune HD!)
· SharePoint 2010 Evolution Conference, London, April 19th (echo is a sponsor)
· The Experts Conference, Los Angeles, April (use code ‘ECHO’)
· San Jose SharePoint Users Group, May 12th (free pizza anyone?)
· San Francisco SharePoint Users Group, May 13th (just attending)
· SharePoint Saturday Washingtohn DC, May 15th (giving away another Zune HD!)
· Sacramento SharePoint User’s Group, May 20th (more free pizza)
· TechEd, June 7th, New Orleans (echo will be sponsoring)
· SharePoint Saturday Ozarks, June 12th, Harrison, AR (Free Zune HD? Of course)
· SharePoint Saturday Tampa, June 26th (waiting to confirm, but planning to attend – with a free Zune HD!)
· Worldwide Partner Conference, July 12th, Washington DC (echo will be sponsoring)
My goal is to attend a couple SharePoint Saturdays each month, as they are fantastic events – and the best format out there for getting users/admins and SharePoint experts together. If you’ve never attended one, you need to go.
Btw – I am also looking to help coordinate a SharePoint Saturday East Bay (or South Bay) in Oakland, Hayward, San Jose, or anywhere else we can find the appropriate space. If you’re in the area and want to get involved, please ping me.
For updates, you can also follow me on Twitter @buckleyplanet