echoTechnology Acquired by Axceler, Launching Davinci Migrator for SharePoint 2010
A couple key press releases went out this morning, in case you missed them, including news that echoTechnology has been acquired by Axceler, based out of Boston, MA. The full press release can be found here
Combination of ControlPoint and echo Positions Company As the Leading Provider of SharePoint Administration and Migration Solutions As Enterprises Get Ready to Upgrade to Microsoft SharePoint 2010
WOBURN, MA – June 1, 2010 – Axceler, the leader in administration software for Microsoft SharePoint, today announced its acquisition of echoTechnology, the technology leader in SharePoint migration. With the acquisition, Axceler’s software solutions now address two of the most critical areas of SharePoint management —administration and migration — required as customers move to the new SharePoint 2010 platform. SharePoint migration is a natural extension of Axceler’s product portfolio. Both software companies are privately held and terms were not disclosed.
In addition, we have announced the impending release of our Davinci Migrator for SharePoint 2010, a next-generation migration solution that goes above and beyond other tools in its ability to give the user flexibility and control over their migration to the SharePoint 2010 platform. The full press release is available here
Axceler Announces Davinci Migrator for SharePoint 2010
Comprehensive New Migration Product Provides Intelligent Facilities For Upgrading To the Latest Version of Microsoft SharePoint
WOBURN, MA – June 1, 2010 – Axceler, the leader in administration software for Microsoft SharePoint, today announced the release of Davinci Migrator for SharePoint 2010, the first new product to be introduced as a result of its acquisition of echoTechnology (please see separate release). Davinci Migrator for SharePoint 2010 offers comprehensive risk-based control when moving to the latest SharePoint platform. Davinci Migrator reduces the risks, lowers the overall cost and shortens the time it takes to complete a SharePoint 2010 migration. By helping administrators with the discovery and planning of their migrations, Davinci Migrator delivers a unique feature set to the SharePoint market by reducing the number of failed migration iterations and shortening project schedules.
Among the innovative features of Davinci Migrator are:
- Real-time collection of important configuration data, useful for discovering and planning migrations with known-risk profiles and timing;
- A robust configuration querying capability using full, industry standard SQL and an integrated Query-By-Example (QBE) interface;
- Detailed pre-migration analysis and rules engine, allowing users to follow best practices, identify issues during planning, rank them by severity, and recommend actions before moving forward;
- Support for both granular and entire-site migrations from SharePoint 2003 and 2007 to the new SharePoint 2010 platform;
- A powerful migration engine, built for both speed and for control, capable of consolidating from multiple platforms;
- An optimized architecture for large content databases and complex enterprise configurations that have many SharePoint administrators per farm; and,
- Support for migrating in waves, based on user-defined timetables, priorities and severity of issues found, which reduces team and resource impact.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of the Axceler team, and we’re especially enthusiastic about showing our customers all of the unique features within the Davinci Migrator at TechEd next week in New Orleans. If you’re planning to attend, be sure to stop by our booth (Booth 400). Or follow me on Twitter for all of the latest news @buckleyplanet