July Content Recap
Going into the summer months, you never know what is going to happen to the editorial calendar. People are beginning to disappear into vacation comas, and traditionally, the content flow is impacted. Apparently, a week in Houston for WPC and a week of camping and fishing hardly impacted my writing. Add to the list below a couple of fluff pieces, and I came in at 25 posts last month.
Some of my themes have been pretty consistent. I write extensively about the business decision-maker prospective on all things collaboration, leaning heavily on my project management and business analysis background to help people understand the secondary and tertiary topics around the tools and vendor marketing. And with the constant barrage of marketing around social, I am also trying to provide some guidance in that category.
Looking at collaboration from a 50,000 foot level, I’ve been trying to break out the fundamentals of enterprise collaboration into its base elements – and then write about each. When the book comes out in Q1 next year, I’ll pull it all together in a way that makes more sense. Right now it might seem like I’m jumping around on topics, but believe me, there is a method to the madness.
- A Holistic Approach to Successful Collaboration (CMSWire) http://tinyurl.com/ljr7lgp
- How Search Amplifies Enterprise Collaboration (B2C) http://tinyurl.com/k2dqkda
- Because Of InfoGraphics, I’ve Lost My Appetite For Spreadsheets (buckleyPLANET) http://tinyurl.com/m6a8fpz
Of course, I have a lot to share around the topic of social collaboration. There are many nuances and interesting perspectives on this still young technology category. As always, I am more interested in the business reasoning and value propositions than I am in the constantly changing and shifting technical aspects. “What” it is will always change, but “Why” is much less understood.
- Social Influence Does Not Equal SME Knowledge (AIIM) http://tinyurl.com/n76w5al
- Drinking From The Fire Hose, TweetJam Style (buckleyPLANET) http://tinyurl.com/mlnkpwp
- Moving Between ECM and Social Collaboration Models on #CollabTalk (Axceler blog) http://tinyurl.com/l9wgq9n
- SharePoint Social Versus Yammer: What Makes Sense For You? (buckleyPLANET) http://tinyurl.com/pgqrxph (reprinted at http://tinyurl.com/lwlnd7j and at http://tinyurl.com/lky4rhe)
- Understanding the Differences Between SharePoint Social and Yammer (SlideShare) http://tinyurl.com/p9q6xsa
- SPChat transcript: Social in the Enterprise with Christian Buckley (SharePoint-Community.net) http://tinyurl.com/kout4hc
The meat-and-potatoes of my job remains governance and management of SharePoint, and so I’m always exploring ideas and content around administration and best practices. There was a ton of great content that came out of Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) in Houston last month, and I’ve just begun sharing my thoughts on what Redmond will be doing.
- The hidden cost of the cloud (SharePointBlog.co.uk) http://tinyurl.com/kvnell6
- Distributed Management of Your SharePoint Environments (Axceler blog) http://tinyurl.com/pxk75kr
- What I Learned Hanging Out with Non-SharePointers (AIIM) http://tinyurl.com/kw2p38e
- The Need for Change Management in a Hybrid SharePoint Environment (Axceler blog) http://tinyurl.com/ltl5qzg
- Reimagining the Reengineering Dilemma (AIIM) http://tinyurl.com/paoasqd
- #WPC13 Day 1 Keynotes (buckleyPLANET) http://tinyurl.com/lgroupp
- Partnering with Axceler at #WPC13 (Axceler blog) http://tinyurl.com/kqh5qnj
- Maximize the Value of WPC (DigitalWPC) http://tinyurl.com/kqvct4e
Something you’ll see more of in the coming months is content focusing on evangelism and entrepreneurship. After talking about it for years, I finally bit the bullet and filed paperwork to launch the SamaritanWeb, a non-profit focused on bringing experts/SMEs together with startups and entrepreneurs. More on the organization in the coming weeks. In the meantime, I’ll be going through my notes and articles, once again adding my voice to the topics most relevant to the startup community.
- Avoiding Employee Engagement Atrophy (B2C) http://tinyurl.com/lk98mf9
- Planting The Evangelism Seed (Apply Water, As Needed) (buckleyPLANET) http://tinyurl.com/llgr7zq
- Traditional Marketing Is Dead, Content Is King (buckleyPLANET) http://tinyurl.com/lwxlc4e
- Developing a Content Marketing Strategy for Your Business (SlideShare) http://tinyurl.com/nxowsm7
- Evangelism — How the Role Can Benefit Your Business (SlideShare) http://tinyurl.com/lndd8su
I’m about to head out the door to catch a flight to DC for a few days, but hope to have a few more articles go live while I am on the road. Feedback is always welcome.