Favorite Posts From the 2016 Archives
For my final blog post last year, I compiled a list of the top 10 most viewed posts on this blog in 2015. As I started compiling a 2016 version of that list, I realized that just because some of the posts had strong traffic doesn't mean they were my personal favorites. Besides, my content is spread across a number of different channels — from the Beezy blog to RedmondMag.com — so a list of content from just one of those sources doesn't accurately portray the community interest in my writing. So instead, I decided to share a collection of my favorite posts across all of these websites, not just my personal blog. And format them in an easy-to-tweet format, with shortened URL. Hint, hint.
Looking back at the past year, there are blog posts and feature articles that I am really proud of, and I've sorted through a few dozen to compile some of my favorites for 2016, Here are my Top 15 posts, in no particular order:
- Improving Employee Engagement is a Social Activity (LinkedIn) http://bit.ly/2iRs4Uf
- The Things We Ignore When Focusing on Technology (buckleyPLANET) http://bit.ly/1UIEBd2
- Digital Transformation Starts with Small Wins (CMSWire) http://bit.ly/29xjHMm
- Find, Follow and Filter What Matters (Beezy blog) http://bit.ly/1Z3Pg01
- The Citizen Developer: Reaching New Heights in SharePoint (RedmondMag) http://bit.ly/29gIsge
- What is the Digital Workplace? (buckleyPLANET) http://bit.ly/2fkwlhP
- Office 365, Change Management, and the Impact of Evergreen Services (LinkedIn) http://bit.ly/2gejcqL
- Measuring Collaboration Success (Beezy blog) http://bit.ly/22W72bY
- The ESN is Dead, Welcome to the Digital Workplace (LinkedIn) http://bit.ly/2hXG26U
- Why Employee Engagement Should Be Your Primary Objective (Beezy blog) http://bit.ly/1VRPgRE
- Identifying the Right Collaboration Strategy (LinkedIn) http://bit.ly/2iuuEmt
- Why is it so hard to measure the business value of enterprise collaboration? (LinkedIn) http://bit.ly/1oNTWLx
- SharePoint's User Friendly Future Arrives (RedmondMag) http://bit.ly/1tdmEZ6
- Breakdown of the Future of SharePoint Announcements (buckleyPLANET) http://bit.ly/1TgvK2j
- Acclimating to the New SharePoint Framework (RedmondMag) http://bit.ly/2cEMQDp
And the blog post that garnered the most hate email from the zealots out there was, by far, It's not You Facebook Workplace, It's Me (Ok, It's You). Not everyone who responded was mental, but it sure did unlock the door to the crazies. I mean, how DARE I criticize a popular social networking platform, right?
I am looking forward to some exciting projects in 2017, some of which you'll hear about very soon. Let's just say that I will be "embracing multi-media" in the new year, beyond the blogs and tweetjams. Hope to share more in the next week or so. Until then, have a great New Year!