Earn Your Ignite Attendee Badge in the Microsoft Tech Community
Are you planning to attend the sold-out Microsoft Ignite conference in Orlando, Florida happening later this month? Are you also a registered member of the Microsoft Tech Community? If you are attending the conference AND are already a member of the Tech community site, but have not yet earned your ‘Ignite Attendee’ badge in the Tech Community, here’s how to accomplish that task:
- Log into https://myignite.microsoft.com/
- Click through to a Community Session in the Session Scheduler
- You should see the Tech Community conversation embedded in the session scheduler (not all sessions have them yet, but they will)
- Click ‘Microsoft Tech Community’ to view the conversation about the session in the Tech Community (and connect with the presenters, and others within the community who are interested in this topic)
- You should see an alert in the notification bell on the top right, letting you know you have received the Ignite attendee badge! (It may take a couple minutes to process)
If you are attending Ignite, but have not yet joined the Microsoft Tech Community, please join! This community site is THE place to discuss all aspects of Microsoft technology, engage with product and engineering teams at Microsoft, meet the many different MVPs and experts from around the world, and make your voice heard. Visit https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/ to register (it’s free), and then follow the process outlined above to receive your Ignite Attendee badge.
Once you’ve achieved your badge, it will be added to the Achievements page on your Tech Community profile:
As you can see, I need to spend some more time on the Tech Community site. I’m often reading and lurking more than participating, and need to change that. I’ll add it to my ToDo list…
Also published on Medium.