How Secure is the Microsoft Cloud?
As part of next Tuesday’s “Cloud Takeover” theme at the Microsoft Ignite conference happening next week in Orlando Florida, CollabTalk will be hosting the 2nd of 5 tweetjams on Tuesday, September 26th from 12:30pm to 1:30pm Eastern on a data topic — “Cyber-Security within the Microsoft Cloud” that will bring together an assortment of partners, MVPs, solution providers, and community influencers who will join us online as well as in-person!
These online discussions are open to anyone — you do not have to be on the panel to participate, but can login to Twitter and join in on the conversation at any time!
If you will be attending Ignite, you can participate in the tweetjam and live stream in the Community Center in the OCCC West Building, where the @REgarding365 team will be live streaming the discussion for those participating in-person. For the rest of the online community, please join the community discussion using Twitter and the #CollabTalk hashtag, or through our dedicated tweetjam site at http://twubs.com/CollabTalk.
If you have never participated in one of these tweetjams, it’s pretty simple: anyone can jump in and share their thoughts, or just lurk in the wings and absorb the wisdom of the crowd. Either way, it’ll be a TON of content to consume in a single hour. You can follow the live session using the Twitter UI of your choice (Twitter.com, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Twubs, whatever). How it works is that I’ll post a series of questions every few minutes, and people will respond to Q1, Q2, Q3 and so forth with A1, A2, A3, always including the #CollabTalk hashtag with their answers. Feel free to reply as often (or as little) as you’d like, ask your own follow up questions, share relevant links, re-tweet others, and engage with the audience.
The questions we will discuss during the session include:
- How are organizations ensuring data governance policies are enforced for their unstructured data repositories?
- What are some key lessons learned from the Equifax breach?
- What are some key considerations for security in the cloud? What are you responsible for vs your cloud provider(s)?
- While MSFT has invested heavily to secure your MSFT cloud investment, what’s your strategy to protect your on-prem & hybrid infrastructure?
- How are organizations preparing to ensure that they comply and meet the guidelines of GDPR come May 2018?
- What are the pluses and minuses of a public/private partnership when it comes to cyber-security ?
- What can the everyday consumer do to help keep safe online and protect their PII?
Of course, there will be side-questions, side-conversations, and wise-cracking throughout. This is open to the public, so please join in the discussion! The dialog is usually thought-provoking but also fun.
Participating on this panel (so far):
- Dux Raymond Sy (@meetdux), Microsoft Regional Director, SharePoint MVP, and CMO of AvePoint
- Seb Matthews (@sebmatthews), consultant, entrepreneur, evangelist, freemason, world traveler
- Darrell Webster (@reoffice365), Office Servers & Services MVP and co-founder RE:Office 365
- Steve Thompson (@steve_tsql), EMS MVP and senior consultant at Softchoice
- Jeff Fried (@jefffried), chief technology officer at BA Insight
- Karuana Gatimu (@karuana), principal program manager for Microsoft Teams engineering at Microsoft
- Dana Louise Simberkoff (@danalouise), chief risk, privacy and information security officer at AvePoint
- Tobias Zimmergren (@zimmergren), SharePoint MVP and technical product owner for cloud offerings at Rencore
- Ed Senez (@edsenez), president at UnlimitedViz and TyGraph
- Alistair Pugin (@alistairpugin), SharePoint MVP and productivity evangelist at Britehouse
- Matthew McDermott (@MatthewMcD), principal consultant for AbleBlue and SharePoint MVP
- Mikael Svenson (@MikaelSvenson), Office Servers and Services MVP and cto at Puzzlepart
- Stefani Butler (@butlerstefani), former Office 365 fCSM, managing partner at the plat4rm group
- Benjamin Niaulin (@bniaulin), Microsoft Regional Director, Office 365 MVP and evangelist at ShareGate
- Kanwal Khipple (@kkhipple), Office 365 MVP and founder of 2toLead
- Brian Culver (@SPbrianculver), SharePoint MCM and founder, president of Expert Point Solution
- Doug Hemminger (@DougHemminger), SharePoint MVP and evangelist with SPR Consulting
- Bradley Geldenhuys (@bradgcoza), founder and ceo of GTconsult
- Michal Sobotkiewicz (@michalsobot), founder and ceo of ObjectConnect and KanBo
- Eric Riz (@rizinsights), SharePoint MVP and ceo of Empty Cubicle
- John White (@diverdown1964), SharePoint MVP and cto at UnlimitedViz Inc.
- Nick Brattoli (@Byrdttoli), founder and lead consultant at Byrdttoli Enterprise Consulting
- Maarten Eekels (@maarteneekels), SharePoint MVP and cto for Portiva
- Sebastien Levert (@sebastienlevert), Office365 MVP and specialist in Azure, SharePoint, and O365
- Drew Madelung (@dmadelung), SharePoint and Office 365 MVP and architect at Concurrency Inc.
- Paul Keijzers (@kbworks), Office Servers & Services MVP and Office 365 specialist at Wortell
- Loryan Strant (@loryanstrant), Office365 MVP, consultant, and writer
- Debbie Ferolito (@dbraunert), chief marketing officer at BA Insight
- Stacy Deere-Strole (@sldeere), SharePoint MVP and owner of Focal Point Solutions
- Ryan Schouten (@ShrPntKnight) senior SharePoint architect and evangelist at ZAACT
- Eric Overfield (@ericoverfield), Microsoft Regional Director, SharePoint MVP, and founder of PixelMill
- Geoff Varosky (@gvaro), managing consultant at BlueMetal, president of Boston Area SharePoint Group, and co-founder of Boston Office365 User Group
- Adam Levithan (@collabadam), Office 365 MVP and senior product manager at Exostar
- Heather Newman (@heddanewman), co-founder and cmo of ContentPanda
- Gokan Ozcifci (@xGokan), Microsoft Regional Director, SharePoint MVP, and IT infrastructure consultant at Neoxy
- Tobiasz Koprowski (@KoprowskiT), Data Platform MVP, independent consultant
- Mack Sigman (@mack_sigman), senior director for professional services at Coras, chairman of FEDSPUG
- and your host, Christian Buckley (@buckleyplanet), Microsoft MVP, founder & ceo of CollabTalk LLC
If you would like to join our panel, please drop me a line. Otherwise, everyone is invited. And if you can’t make the time, keeping watching the Twitter feed for updates via my Storify page. You can also watch my Twitters via @buckleyplanet for updates. And thank you again to AvePoint and tyGraph for your support of these CollabTalk tweetjams!
If you are interested in being a sponsor of a future tweetjam, please contact me at CollabTalk