Takeaways from the Community on Ignite 2017
On the final day of the Microsoft Ignite conference next week, CollabTalk will be hosting the 5th and final tweetjam on Friday, September 29th from 12:30pm to 1:30pm Eastern to bring everyone together one last time to share — “Takeaways from Ignite 2017” before everyone departs Orlando (for those who are attending in-person) or wander back into their regularly-schedule work schedules. Participants will include an assortment of partners, MVPs, solution providers, and community influencers who will join us online as well as in-person!
These online discussions are open to anyone — you do not have to be on the panel to participate, but can login to Twitter and join in on the conversation at any time!
If you will be attending Ignite, you can participate in the tweetjam and live stream in the Community Center in the OCCC West Building, where the @REgarding365 team will be live streaming the discussion for those participating in-person. For the rest of the online community, please join the community discussion using Twitter and the #CollabTalk hashtag, or through our dedicated tweetjam site at http://twubs.com/CollabTalk.
This tweetjam (and our amazing stats) is being sponsored by our friends at tyGraph.
If you have never participated in one of these tweetjams, it’s pretty simple: anyone can jump in and share their thoughts, or just lurk in the wings and absorb the wisdom of the crowd. Either way, it’ll be a TON of content to consume in a single hour. You can follow the live session using the Twitter UI of your choice (Twitter.com, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Twubs, whatever). How it works is that I’ll post a series of questions every few minutes, and people will respond to Q1, Q2, Q3 and so forth with A1, A2, A3, always including the #CollabTalk hashtag with their answers. Feel free to reply as often (or as little) as you’d like, ask your own follow up questions, share relevant links, re-tweet others, and engage with the audience.
The questions we will discuss during the session include:
- In your opinion, what was the biggest announcement of the week at #MSIgnite, and why?
- What do you feel was the main theme of this year’s event?
- Was there anything missing from the product announcements that you wanted to hear?
- Was there a vendor solution or message that stood out to you this week?
- What are 3 products or features that you plan to perform a deep-dive into when back home?
- SharePoint, Dynamics, Yammer, Teams: where do you predict they will be in 3 years?
- If you could give one piece of advice to Microsoft leadership, what would it be?
Of course, there will be side-questions, side-conversations, and wise-cracking throughout. This is open to the public, so please join in the discussion! The dialog is usually thought-provoking but also fun.
Participating on this panel (so far):
- Alistair Pugin (@alistairpugin), SharePoint MVP and productivity evangelist at Britehouse
- Loryan Strant (@loryanstrant), Office365 MVP, consultant, and writer
- Darrell Webster (@reoffice365), Office Servers & Services MVP and co-founder RE:Office 365
- John White (@diverdown1964), SharePoint MVP and cto at UnlimitedViz Inc.
- Sascha Fredrich (@saschaF80), IT consultant of Microsoft solutions at bei Bechtle AG
- Martina Grom (@magrom), co-founder of atwork.at, Office 365 MVP and Microsoft Regional Director
- Barb Levisay (@blevisay), contributing editor at Redmond Channel Partner magazine
- Siobahn Fagan (@siobhan_fagan), editorial manager at CMSWire
- Tobias Zimmergren (@zimmergren), SharePoint MVP and technical product owner for cloud offerings at Rencore
- Chris Slemp (@cslemp), Office Servers and Services MVP and director of strategy at CarpoolAgency
- Liz Sundet (@percusn), Microsoft MVP, director of business relationships at Focal Point Solutions
- Thomas Daly (@_tomdaly_), Office Servers & Services MVP and senior SharePoint solutions developer at B&R Business Solutions
- Doug Hemminger (@DougHemminger), SharePoint MVP and evangelist with SPR Consulting
- Mikael Svenson (@MikaelSvenson), Office Servers and Services MVP and cto at Puzzlepart
- Benjamin Niaulin (@bniaulin), Microsoft Regional Director, Office 365 MVP and evangelist at ShareGate
- Kanwal Khipple (@kkhipple), Office 365 MVP and founder of 2toLead
- Brian Culver (@SPbrianculver), SharePoint MCM and founder, president of Expert Point Solution
- Noah Sparks (@noahsparks), Office Servers and Services MVP, community igniter and strategy manager at Brainstorm
- Eric Overfield (@ericoverfield), Microsoft Regional Director, SharePoint MVP, and founder of PixelMill
- Karuana Gatimu (@karuana), principal program manager for Microsoft Teams engineering at Microsoft
- Michal Sobotkiewicz (@michalsobot), founder and ceo of ObjectConnect and KanBo
- Eric Riz (@rizinsights), SharePoint MVP and ceo of Empty Cubicle
- Adam Levithan (@collabadam), Office 365 MVP and senior product manager at Exostar
- Heather Newman (@heddanewman), co-founder and cmo of ContentPanda
- Gokan Ozcifci (@xGokan), Microsoft Regional Director, SharePoint MVP, and IT infrastructure consultant at Neoxy
- Tobiasz Koprowski (@KoprowskiT), Data Platform MVP, independent consultant
- Melinda Morales (@trulymelinda), solution consultant at 3Sharp
- Maarten Visser (@mvisser), founder and product manager at Meetroo, business architect at Connected Services
- Drew Madelung (@dmadelung), SharePoint and Office 365 MVP and architect at Concurrency Inc.
- Bradley Geldenhuys (@bradgcoza), founder and ceo of GTconsult
- Nikkia Carter (@carterMcGServ), ceo at CMW LLC and tech speaker
- Paul Keijzers (@kbworks), Office Servers & Services MVP and Office 365 specialist at Wortell
- Randy Drisgill (@drisgill), SharePoint MVP and branding and design expert at Rackspace
- Stacy Deere-Strole (@sldeere), SharePoint MVP and owner of Focal Point Solutions
- Geoff Varosky (@gvaro), managing consultant at BlueMetal, president of Boston Area SharePoint Group, and co-founder of Boston Office365 User Group
- Nick Brattoli (@Byrdttoli), founder and lead consultant at Byrdttoli Enterprise Consulting
- Maarten Eekels (@maarteneekels), SharePoint MVP and cto for Portiva
- Katarzyna Bobrowska (@kbobrowska_), customer happiness specialist at KanBo
- Ed Senez (@edsenez), president at UnlimitedViz and TyGraph
- Vlad Catrinescu (@vladcatrinescu),SharePoint and Office 365 MVP, speaker, and author
- Max Fritz (@TheCloudSherpa), identity management, Office 365, AzureAD, and SharePoint expert at Now Micro
- Wes Preston (@idubbs), SharePoint MVP, evangelist, and owner at TrecStone
- Raphael Koellner (@ra_koellner), Office Servers & Services MVP, consultant at Bechtle IT-Systemhouse Cologne
- Jeff Fried (@jefffried), chief technology officer at BA Insight
- Ryan Schouten (@ShrPntKnight) SharePoint MVP, senior SharePoint architect and evangelist at ZAACT
- Mack Sigman (@mack_sigman), senior director for professional services at Coras, chairman of FEDSPUG
- and your host, Christian Buckley (@buckleyplanet), Microsoft MVP, founder & ceo of CollabTalk LLC
If you would like to join our panel, please drop me a line. Otherwise, everyone is invited. And if you can’t make the time, keeping watching the Twitter feed for updates via my Storify page. You can also watch my Twitters via @buckleyplanet for updates. And thank you again to Colligo and tyGraph for your support of these CollabTalk tweetjams!
If you are interested in being a sponsor of a future tweetjam, please contact me at CollabTalk