Year-End Predictions for SharePoint and Office 365
It is once again time for our year-end mega-tweetjam where experts, influencers, and community members will assemble and share their takeaways from the past year — and make their predictions for the next year. Join us on Thursday, December 28th from 8am to 9am Pacific for the next #CollabTalk tweetjam, with a HUGE panel of MVPs, MCMs, RDs, Microsofties, and anyone else with an opinion as we we’ll discuss “Community Predictions for SharePoint and Office 365 in 2018” via Twitter and the #CollabTalk hashtag. Come participate with our amazing panel, and join in on yet another great online discussion!
These online discussions are open to anyone — you do not have to be on the panel to participate, but can login to Twitter and join the conversation at any time! Just remember to use the #CollabTalk hashtag, or join through our dedicated tweetjam site at http://twubs.com/CollabTalk. This month’s tweetjam is once again being sponsored by our good friends at tyGraph.
If you have never participated in one of these tweetjams, it’s pretty simple: anyone can jump in and share their thoughts, or just lurk in the wings and absorb the wisdom of the crowd. Either way, it’ll be a TON of content to consume in a single hour. You can follow the live session using the Twitter UI of your choice (Twitter.com, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Twubs, whatever). How it works is that I’ll post a series of questions every few minutes, and people will respond to Q1, Q2, Q3 and so forth with A1, A2, A3, always including the #CollabTalk hashtag with their answers. Feel free to reply as often (or as little) as you’d like, ask your own follow up questions, share relevant links, re-tweet others, and engage with the audience.
The questions we will discuss during this month’s tweetjam include:
- What was the biggest new for SharePoint and Office 365 this year?
- How has your outlook on SharePoint changed this past year, and why?
- Do you believe that adoption of Microsoft Teams will change how people view their SharePoint needs?
- How has the evolution of SharePoint and Office 365 impacted your local user group / community, and are you making changes?
- What 3 features (available or forthcoming) will have the biggest impact on SharePoint in 2018?
- What are your predictions for Office 365 as a “universal toolkit” in 2018 and beyond?
- If you could give one piece of advice to Microsoft re: SharePoint and Office 365, what would it be?
Of course, there will be side-questions, side-conversations, and wise-cracking throughout. This is open to the public, so please join in the discussion! The dialog is usually thought-provoking but also fun.
Our panel will continue to expand as we get close to the event, but here are some of the experts who have confirmed so far:
- Dan Holme (@danholme), director of SharePoint and Yammer product marketing at Microsoft
- Marc Anderson (@sympmarc), SharePoint MVP and consultant at Sympraxis Consulting
- Adam Harmetz (@AdamHarmetz), group program manager on the SharePoint Engineering team
- Doug Ware (@DougWare), SharePoint MVP and founder of Elumenotion
- Michael Greth (@mysharepoint), Microsoft MVP, SharePoint and Office 365 specialist, podcaster and speaker
- Stephen Rose (@stephenlrose), senior product manager for OneDrive for Business at Microsoft
- Martina Grom (@magrom), co-founder of atwork.at, Office 365 MVP and Microsoft Regional Director
- Dux Raymond Sy (@meetdux), Microsoft Regional Director, SharePoint MVP, and CMO of AvePoint
- Scott Bekker (@scottbekker), editor at Redmond Channel Partner magazine and http://RCPmag.com
- Dean Swann (@sdeanswann), social collaborator, growth hacker and product manager for UnlimitedViz
- Jason Himmelstein (@sharepointlhorn), SharePoint MVP and technical strategy director at Rackspace
- Vlad Catrinescu (@vladcatrinescu),SharePoint and Office 365 MVP, speaker, and author
- Sarah Haase (@sarahhaase), collaboration group product manager at US Bank, organizer of SPS Twin Cities
- Sean McDonough (@spmcdonough), SharePoint MVP and chief technology officer at BitStream Foundry LLC
- Alistair Pugin (@alistairpugin), SharePoint MVP and productivity evangelist at Britehouse
- Gene Vangampelaere (@vangampelaere), Office 365 consultant, podcaster, Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert for
- Doug Hemminger (@DougHemminger), SharePoint MVP and evangelist with SPR Consulting
- Brian Culver (@SPbrianculver), SharePoint MCM and founder, president of Expert Point Solution
- John Liu (@johnnliu), coder, dev, blogger, and MVP for Office 365 & SharePoint at SharePointGurus Sydney
- Beau Cameron (@beau_cameron), Microsoft MVP and senior engineer at Aerie Consulting
- John Peluso (@johnconnected), Microsoft Regional Director, and vice president of product management at AvePoint
- Eric Overfield (@ericoverfield), Microsoft Regional Director, SharePoint MVP, and founder of PixelMill
- Mark Allen (@1markallen1), uc pioneer and Microsoft Lync specialist, ceo of BluePanda
- Ed Senez (@edsenez), president at UnlimitedViz and TyGraph
- Drew Madelung (@dmadelung), SharePoint and Office 365 MVP and architect at Concurrency Inc.
- Eric Riz (@rizinsights), SharePoint MVP and ceo of Empty Cubicle
- John White (@diverdown1964), SharePoint MVP and cto at UnlimitedViz Inc.
- David Drever (@DavidMDrever), SharePoint MVP and SharePoint services lead at Solvera Solutions
- Owen Allen (@owenallen), Office 365 technology specialist at Alpine Lakes Digital
- Patrick Curran (@pcfromdc), director, federal group at Planet Technologies
- Tracy Van der Schyff (@tracyvds), Office Servers and Services MVP and principal at The GUIDstuff
- Ragnar Heil (@ragnarh), Office Servers & Services MVP and Microsoft alliance manager EMEA for Metalogix
- Erica Toelle (@ericatoelle), evangelist at Record Point
- Rick Garcia (@SilentRick), SharePoint project manager at United Airlines
- Brian Tenney (@brian_tenney), vp of business development at JourneyTEAM
- Bobby Chang (@bobbyschang), Office 365 technologist at Microsoft
- Kevin McDonnell (@kevmcdonk), senior technical architect at Ballard Chalmers
- Mack Sigman (@mack_sigman), senior director for professional services at Coras, chairman of FEDSPUG
- Randy Drisgill (@drisgill), SharePoint MVP and branding and design expert at Rackspace
- Max Fritz (@TheCloudSherpa), identity management, Office 365, AzureAD, and SharePoint expert at Now Micro
- Liz Sundet (@percusn), Microsoft MVP, platonic friend to ferns everywhere
- Jeff Willinger (@jwillie), Office 365 MVP and director of collaboration and social business at Rightpoint
- Maarten Visser (@mvisser), founder and product manager at Meetroo, business architect at Connected Services
- Barry Jinks (@BJinks), founder and ceo at Colligo
- Robert Bogue (@RobBogue), author, speaker, strategist and consultant at Thor Projects
- Nick Brattoli (@Byrdttoli), Microsoft MVP, founder and lead consultant at Byrdttoli Enterprise Consulting
- Paul Stork (@pstork), SharePoint MVP and MCM, owner and principal at Don’t Pa..Panic Consulting
- Laura Rogers (@WonderLaura), SharePoint MVP, consultant, and owner of IW mentor
- Noah Sparks (@noahsparks), Office Servers and Services MVP, community igniter and strategy manager at Brainstorm
- Kanwal Khipple (@kkhipple), Office 365 MVP and founder of 2toLead
- Theresa Eller (@SharePointMadam), SharePoint consultant at Constellation Solutions
- Toni Pohl (@atwork), founder & cto of atwork, cloud consultant, Microsoft MVP
- Nigel Price (@Nigel_Price), SharePoint 2007, 2010 and 2013 technical architect, co-lead at
- Jeff Fried (@jefffried), chief technology officer at BA Insight
- Bill Ayers (@SPdoctor), SharePoint MCM/MCSM, solution architect and developer
- Rob Windsor (@robwindsor), .NET/SharePoint developer and MVP, trainer, and author
- Muditha Chathuranga (@MudithaC), SharePoint MVP and senior technical consultant at Infront Consulting Group
- Michal Sobotkiewicz (@michalsobot), founder and ceo of ObjectConnect and KanBo
- Maarten Eekels (@maarteneekels), SharePoint MVP and cto for Portiva
- Agnes Molnar (@molnaragnes), enterprise search & findability consultant/ceo at Search Explained
- Juan Carlos Gonzalez Martin (@jcgm1978), SharePoint MVP, co-director of the magazine CompartiMOSS, consultant and solution architect at LKS
- David Rosenthal (@MakeYourselfNrd), Microsoft Teams MVP and technical evangelist for Avanade
- Kris Wagner (@IamKrisWagner), Microsoft MVP and principal architect at Daugherty Business Solutions
- Seb Matthews (@sebmatthews), consultant, entrepreneur, evangelist, freemason, world traveler
- Adam Levithan (@collabadam), Office 365 MVP and senior product manager at Exostar
- Heather Newman (@heddanewman), co-founder and cmo of ContentPanda
- Matt Wade (@thatmattwade), cloud services lead at H3 Solutions, founder of icansharepoint
- Tobiasz Koprowski (@KoprowskiT), Data Platform MVP, independent consultant
- Stacy Deere-Strole (@sldeere), SharePoint MVP and owner of Focal Point Solutions
- Sebastien Levert (@sebastienlevert), Office365 MVP and specialist in Azure, SharePoint, and O365
- and your host, Christian Buckley (@buckleyplanet), Microsoft MVP, founder & ceo of CollabTalk LLC
If you would like to join our panel, please drop me a line. Otherwise, everyone is invited to the online discussion itself. And if you can’t make the time, keeping watching the Twitter feed for updates via my Storify page. You can also watch my Twitters via @buckleyplanet for updates. And thank you again to tyGraph for your continued support of these CollabTalk tweetjams!
If you are interested in being a sponsor of a future tweetjam, please contact me at CollabTalk.com
Also published on Medium.