Community Feedback on Microsoft Ignite 2018
With another Microsoft Ignite conference behind us, CollabTalk will be hosting another community tweetjam this Tuesday, October 2nd at 12pm (noon) Pacific / 9pm-Berlin / 7am-Sydney on the 3rd in an effort to include participants in Europe, Africa, and around APAC. As we do every year, we’ll discuss our “Feedback from Microsoft Ignite 2018” including announcements, live streaming and sessions, community activities, and any other news from Orlando last week. Participants will include an assortment of partners, MVPs, solution providers, and community influencers who will join us online, and will include those who attended Ignite in-person, as well as those of us who watched the antics online.
You can join the community discussion using Twitter and the #CollabTalk hashtag, or using your favorite social tools. You do not need to be an “expert” to participate in the online conversation, and can ask questions, comment on the questions posed, or just “lurk” in the background. These online discussions are open to anyone — you do not have to be on the panel to participate.
This month’s tweetjam and our amazing stats are once again being sponsored by our friends at tyGraph.
If you have never participated in one of these tweetjams, it’s pretty simple: anyone can jump in and share their thoughts, or just lurk in the wings and absorb the wisdom of the crowd. Either way, it’ll be a TON of content to consume in a single hour. You can follow the live session using the Twitter UI of your choice (Twitter.com, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Twubs, whatever). How it works is that I’ll post a series of questions every few minutes, and people will respond to Q1, Q2, Q3 and so forth with A1, A2, A3, always including the #CollabTalk hashtag with their answers. Feel free to reply as often (or as little) as you’d like, ask your own follow up questions, share relevant links, re-tweet others, and engage with the audience.
The questions we will discuss during the session include:
- In your opinion, what was the biggest announcement of the week at #MSIgnite, and why?
- What were the primary themes of this year’s event?
- Was there anything missing from the product announcements that you wanted to hear?
- Was there a vendor solution or message that stood out to you this week?
- What are 3 newly announced products or features that you plan to perform a deep-dive into?
- What is the impact (if any) of the messaging shift toward Microsoft 365?
- If you could give one piece of advice to Microsoft leadership, what would it be?
Of course, there will be side-questions, side-conversations, and wise-cracking throughout. This is open to the public, so please join in the discussion! The dialog is usually thought-provoking but also fun.
Participating on this panel (so far):
- Harjit Ghaliwal (@Hoorge), Microsoft MVP, IT Pro, technology & social media evangelist
- Laura Rogers (@WonderLaura), SharePoint MVP, consultant, and owner of IW Mentor
- Darrell Webster (@regarding365), Office Apps & Services MVP and co-founder REgarding365.com
- John White (@diverdown1964), SharePoint MVP and cto at UnlimitedViz Inc.
- Randy Drisgill (@drisgill), SharePoint MVP and branding and design expert at Rackspace
- Max Fritz (@TheCloudSherpa), identity management, Office 365, AzureAD, and SharePoint expert at Now Micro
- Stacy Deere-Strole (@sldeere), SharePoint MVP and owner of Focal Point Solutions
- Kanwal Khipple (@kkhipple), Office Apps & Services MVP and founder of 2toLead
- Nick Brattoli (@Byrdttoli), Microsoft MVP, founder and lead consultant at Byrdttoli Enterprise Consulting
- Noah Sparks (@noahsparks), former Office Apps & Services MVP, community igniter and strategy manager at Brainstorm
- Melinda Morales (@trulymelinda), solution consultant at 3Sharp
- Maarten Visser (@mvisser), founder and product manager at Meetroo, business architect at Connected Services
- Marc Anderson (@sympmarc), SharePoint MVP and consultant at Sympraxis Consulting
- Erica Toelle (@ericatoelle), evangelist at Record Point
- Brad Shannon (@bradshannon), Founder and Lead Engineer at DevSoft Solutions
- Nuno Arias Silva (@nunoariassilva), Office Apps & Services MVP, architect & manager of infrastructure services at Gfi Portugal
- Dean Swann (@sdeanswann), social collaborator, growth hacker and product manager for UnlimitedViz
- Agnes Molnar (@molnaragnes), enterprise search & findability consultant/ceo at Search Explained
- Patrick Guimonet (@patrickg), Microsoft MVP & RD, founder & owner of Abalon
- Rick Garcia (@SilentRick), SharePoint project manager at United Airlines
- Steven Fowler (@stevenmfowler), Microsoft MVP, ceo of ataric, ceo of Sevenbrook
- Hal Hostetler (@TVWizard), Microsoft MVP and senior field engineer and social media coordinator for Roland, Schorr & Tower
- Paul Stork (@pstork), SharePoint MVP and MCM, owner and principal at Don’t Pa..Panic Consulting
- Paul Keijzers (@kbworks), Office Apps & Services MVP and Office 365 specialist at Wortell
- Ed Senez (@edsenez), president at UnlimitedViz and TyGraph
- Aqeel Haider (@aqeelhaider76), principal at Zarantian
- and your host, Christian Buckley (@buckleyplanet), Microsoft MVP & RD, founder & ceo of CollabTalk LLC, cmo of revealit.io
If you would like to join our panel, please drop me a line. If you have questions, please connect with me via @buckleyplanet. And thank you again to tyGraph for your support of these CollabTalk tweetjams! And finally, if you are interested in being a sponsor of a future tweetjam, please contact me at CollabTalk