2018 Takeaways and 2019 Predictions
It’s time once again for one of the biggest tweetjams of the year! December means we share our thoughts on the biggest news of year behind us, and make some predictions (and try to persuade Microsoft) on what we hope/expect to see in the year ahead. Be sure to join us on Thursday, December 27th at 9am Pacific / noon Eastern for the next #CollabTalk TweetJam as we discuss “Year-End Predictions for Microsoft 365” with members of the community. Participants will include an assortment of partners, MVPs, solution providers, and community influencers who will join us online, and will include those who attended Ignite in-person, as well as those of us who watched the antics online.
Why have we expanded the discussion beyond SharePoint and Office 365? Because so much of what we work on is beyond one or two workloads — including Windows, mobility solutions, business apps, AI, and more. That’s why.
You can join the community discussion using Twitter and the #CollabTalk hashtag, or using your favorite social tools. You do not need to be an “expert” to participate in the online conversation, and can ask questions, comment on the questions posed, or just “lurk” in the background. These online discussions are open to anyone — you do not have to be on the panel to participate.
This month we’re also launching a new dedicated tweetjam page at http://tweetjam.collabtalk.com that uses some older tech (only 140 character tweets on the timeline) but there’s also a link at the top that opens a new window to create a 240 character post — or you can follow along on your favorite Twitter app. But this new site gives us a much-needed landing page again (the first since Twubs.com broke).
This month’s tweetjam and our amazing stats are once again being sponsored by our friends at tyGraph.
If you have never participated in one of these tweetjams, it’s pretty simple: anyone can jump in and share their thoughts, or just lurk in the wings and absorb the wisdom of the crowd. Either way, it’ll be a TON of content to consume in a single hour. You can follow the live session using the Twitter UI of your choice (Twitter.com, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Twubs, whatever). How it works is that I’ll post a series of questions every few minutes, and people will respond to Q1, Q2, Q3 and so forth with A1, A2, A3, always including the #CollabTalk hashtag with their answers. Feel free to reply as often (or as little) as you’d like, ask your own follow up questions, share relevant links, re-tweet others, and engage with the audience.
The questions we will discuss during the session include:
- What was the biggest news for SharePoint, Office 365, and Microsoft 365 this year?
- How has your outlook on SharePoint and Office 365 changed this past year?
- Has the adoption of PowerApps and Flow and other Business Apps technologies altered how you think about collaboration?
- Has the continued evolution of Microsoft 365 impacted your local user group and community, and if so, how?
- What 3 features (available now, or announced) are/will have the biggest impact in 2019?
- What are your predictions for Microsoft 365 and related technologies in 2019 and beyond?
- If you could give one piece of advice to Microsoft re: SharePoint and Office 365, what would it be?
As always, there will be side-questions, side-conversations, and wise-cracking throughout. This is open to the public, so please join in the discussion! The dialog is usually thought-provoking but also fun.
Participating on this panel (so far):
- John White (@diverdown1964), SharePoint MVP and cto at UnlimitedViz Inc.
- Paul Culmsee (@PaulCulmsee), management consultant, Microsoft MVP, dialogue mapper and author
- Drew Madelung (@dmadelung), SharePoint and Office 365 MVP and architect at Concurrency Inc.
- Adam Ball (@AdamCBall), co-founder of COUCUG, Teams and Skype for Business MVP
- Nicki Borell (@NickiBorell), Microsoft MVP & RD, evangelist & consultant for SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure
- Darrell Webster (@DarrellaaS), Office Apps & Services MVP and co-founder REgarding365.com
- Alan Lepofsky (@alanlepo), vp and principal analyst at Constellation Research
- Randy Drisgill (@drisgill), SharePoint MVP and branding and design expert at Rackspace
- Harjit Ghaliwal (@Hoorge), Microsoft MVP, IT Pro, technology & social media evangelist
- Owen Allen (@owenallen), Redmond O365 UG board member, sr. solutions architect at Zones
- David Drever (@DavidMDrever), SharePoint MVP and SharePoint services lead at Solvera Solutions
- Brian Culver (@SPbrianculver), SharePoint MCM and founder, president of Expert Point Solution
- Max Fritz (@TheCloudSherpa), identity management, Office 365, AzureAD, and SharePoint expert at Now Micro
- Stacy Deere-Strole (@sldeere), SharePoint MVP and owner of Focal Point Solutions
- Barb Levisay (@blevisay), contributing editor at Redmond Channel Partner magazine
- Heather Newman (@heddanewman), co-founder and cmo of ContentPanda, Office Apps & Services MVP
- Nikkia Carter (@ladygwenavear), director of collaboration and training at C3 Integrated Solutions
- Eric Riz (@rizinsights), SharePoint MVP and ceo of Empty Cubicle
- Vlad Catrinescu (@vladcatrinescu),SharePoint and Office 365 MVP, speaker, and author
- Nick Brattoli (@Byrdttoli), Microsoft MVP, founder and lead consultant at Byrdttoli Enterprise Consulting
- Kanwal Khipple (@kkhipple), Office Apps & Services MVP and founder of 2toLead
- Maarten Visser (@mvisser), founder and product manager at Meetroo, business architect at Connected Services
- Juan Carlos Gonzalez Martin (@jcgm1978), SharePoint MVP, co-director of the magazine CompartiMOSS, consultant and solution architect at LKS
- Marius Constantinescu (@c_marius), Office Servers and Services MVP and managing consultant at blue-infinity
- Virgil Carroll (@vcmonkey), head monkey at High Monkey
- Bobby Chang (@bobbyschang), Office 365 technologist at Microsoft
- Fabian Williams (@fabianwilliams), Microsoft @OfficeDev @VisualStudio & @XamarinHQ MVP
- Alistair Pugin (@alistairpugin), SharePoint MVP and productivity evangelist at Britehouse
- Erica Toelle (@ericatoelle), Microsoft MVP and evangelist at Record Point
- Raphael Koellner (@ra_koellner), Office Servers & Services MVP, consultant at Bechtle IT-Systemhouse Cologne
- Paul Swider (@pswider), cto at RealActivity and enterprise SharePoint strategist
- Sebastien Levert (@sebastienlevert), Office365 MVP and specialist in Azure, SharePoint, and O365
- Treb Gatte (@tgatte), Business Solutions MVP, international speaker/man of mystery at TumbleRoad LLC
- Beau Cameron (@beau_cameron), Microsoft MVP and senior engineer at Aerie Consulting
- Shadeed Eleazer (@mrshadeed), founder and principal consultant at Managed Path Solutions
- Martina Grom (@magrom), co-founder of atwork.at, Office 365 MVP and Microsoft Regional Director
- Sean McDonough (@spmcdonough), SharePoint MVP and chief technology officer at BitStream Foundry LLC
- Ryan Schouten (@ShrPntKnight) Office Servers & Services MVP, senior systems engineer at Blizzard Entertainment
- Phil Worrell (@worrelpa), ICT engineer and business analyst at Swisscom
- Mark Rackley (@mrackley), Office 365 MVP, sharePoint Hillbilly, Partner at PAIT Group
- Robert Bogue (@RobBogue), author, speaker, strategist and consultant at Thor Projects
- Tom Castiglia (@tomcastiglia), solution architect for SharePoint, Office 365 and Nintex at
- Nedra Allmond (@NedraAllmond),
- John Liu (@johnnliu), coder, dev, blogger, and MVP for Office 365 & SharePoint at SharePointGurus Sydney
- Ragnar Heil (@ragnarh), Office Servers & Services MVP and Microsoft alliance manager EMEA for Quest/Metalogix
- Matt Wade (@thatmattwade), Microsoft MVP, vp of client engagement at AtBot, co-founder of jumpto365.com
- Kurt Kragh Sørensen (@KurtKragh), intranet consultant and owner of IntraTeam.com
- Liam Cleary (@helloitsliam), SharePoint MVP, principal of SharePlicity, and product owner at Rencore
- Toni Pohl (@atwork), founder & cto of atwork, cloud consultant, Microsoft MVP
- Serge Luca (@sergeluca), Microsoft SharePoint/Office365 MVP and Flow MVP, managing partner at ShareQL
- Kevin McDonnell (@kevmcdonk), senior technical architect at Ballard Chalmers
- and your host, Christian Buckley (@buckleyplanet), Microsoft MVP & RD, founder & ceo of CollabTalk LLC, cmo of revealit.io
If you would like to join our panel, please drop me a line. If you have questions, please connect with me via @buckleyplanet. And thank you again to tyGraph for your support of these CollabTalk tweetjams! And finally, if you are interested in being a sponsor of a future tweetjam, please contact me at CollabTalk