Renewed as a Microsoft Regional Director
I received notification yesterday that I have been renewed as a Microsoft Regional Director for another 2-year term. Thank you to Microsoft and members of this amazing community for allowing me to participate, and I look forward to continuing to share my perspective into Microsoft’s product and service messaging and strategies.
For those who may be unfamiliar with the RD program, it is not an extension of the Microsoft MVP program, but instead is a non-paid advisory program for Microsoft leadership and senior executives. RDs tend to be business owners, entrepreneurs, and Microsoft partners although not a requirement, and have deep business and technical expertise in multiple areas — including competing solutions. Here is a high-level description from the RD.Microsoft.com website:
The Regional Director Program provides Microsoft leaders with the customer insights and real-world voices it needs to continue empowering developers and IT professionals with the world’s most innovative and impactful tools, services, and solutions.
Established in 1993, the program consists of 160 of the world’s top technology visionaries chosen specifically for their proven cross-platform expertise, community leadership, and commitment to business results. You will typically find Regional Directors keynoting at top industry events, leading community groups and local initiatives, running technology-focused companies, or consulting on and implementing the latest breakthrough within a multinational corporation.
Over the past 2 years, I’ve been able to conduct interviews with a handful of my fellow RDs as part of my #MVPbuzzChat series, which has been a great way to get to know them, and to share some of their amazing work with a broader community:
- Episode 88, Rockford Lhotka (@RockyLhotka), Developer Technologies [blog | video | podcast]
- Episode 55, Adis Jugo (@adisjugo), (dual) Microsoft Azure and Office Apps & Services [blog | video | podcast]
- Episode 51, Stefano Tempesta (@stefanotempesta), (dual) AI and Business Applications [blog | video | podcast]
- Episode 41, Joel Oleson (@joeloleson), Office Apps & Services [blog | video | podcast]
- Episode 31, Nicki Borell (@nickiborell), Office Apps & Services [blog | video | podcast]
- Episode 15, Magnus Mårtensson (@noopman), Azure [blog | video | podcast]
- Episode 3, Eric Overfield (@ericoverfield), Office Apps & Services [blog | video | podcast]
Thanks again to Microsoft, and to my fellow RDs — I’ll see you on the next conf call!