CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 22
For Episode 22 of the CollabTalk Podcast, we discussed the role of “citizen developers” in the hybrid workplace, the SPSevents.org shutdown, and Windows 365. You can listen to the podcast below, or subscribe using your favorite app, such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or the iHeartRadio app. Be sure to subscribe!
Joining me on this podcast:
- Sean McDonough (@spmcdonough), a Consultant with Bitstream Foundry in Cincinnati Ohio, one of my co-hosts for the monthly #M365AMA, and an Office Apps & Services MVP. [LinkedIn, Blog]
- Geoff Varosky (@gvaro), a Senior Architect for Insight, co-founder of the Boston Office 365 User Group, my bandmate in the biggest (fake) SharePoint band ever — Horse’s End, and the co-founder of The New Janky Workshop. [LinkedIn, Blog]
A bit more detail on the topics covered in this episode:
- We talked about where we are in this “new world of work” with the hybrid workplace, and the role of the “citizen developer” and what user-led development looks like today and into the future. [5:57]
- We then discussed the pending shut-down of SPSevents.org, the homepage for global SharePoint Saturday events, and what that means for the Microsoft community and where we think it needs to go from here. [21:12]
- And finally, we explored how Windows 365 and the ongoing evolution of software-as-a-service (SaaS) is impacting partner-led products and services. [53:40]
Enjoy this week’s episode, and be sure to subscribe for more content like this every Friday + interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors every Monday. Thanks for listening!