CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 34
For Episode 34 of the CollabTalk Podcast, the conversation focused on the role of DevOps within our broader collaboration culture, and how the DevOps space has evolved and grown over the past decade. You can listen to the podcast above and follow me using your favorite app, such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or the iHeartRadio app. Be sure to subscribe!
Joining me on this podcast:
- Mark Miller (@EUSP), Senior Director of Content Marketing with JupiterOne, Editor in Chief of the LinkedIn DevOps group, the host and executive producer of the popular People | Process | Technology Podcast series, AND the co-founder and executive producer of the largest global DevOps conference, All Day DevOps. [LinkedIn]
A bit more detail on the topics covered in this episode:
- When did we start referring to the “DevOps” space as being separate from IT Ops? [3:26]
- Mark talks about his move from the SharePoint ecosystem into the DevOps space, with some fun discussion on the evolution of the SharePoint platform and the community around it [6:21]
- Observations on shifts in focus for sessions at SharePoint conferences from dev and IT Pro to end user [14:06]
- Mark outlines the formation of the DevOps community [17:03]
- The concepts of community-building, and how Mark built upon his successes in the SharePoint community in his move to the DevOps community [22:52]
- Finding a need and filling it: Seeing an opportunity to shift from DevOps to DevSecOps [32:08]
- “Unintended consequences” and community plans around CAASM (Cyber Asset Attack Surface Management) [40:58]
Enjoy this week’s episode, and be sure to subscribe for more content like this every Friday, as well as interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors every Monday. Thanks for listening!