CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 35
For Episode 35 of the CollabTalk Podcast, the conversation focused on the topics of employee isolation, the need to focus on engagement, and the future of teamwork. You can listen to the podcast above and follow me using your favorite app, such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or the iHeartRadio app. Be sure to subscribe!
Joining me on this podcast:
- Scott Novis (@scottnovis), founder of Bravous, a company that is helping businesses increase retention by facilitating highly dynamic live and virtual video game events for their employees. Scott comes from an eclectic background of professional influences; he has two engineering degrees, spent decades as a video game executive, and worked as a Disney executive before leaving to found GameTruck, a nationwide franchise company that provides social gaming spaces for children at parties and special events. [LinkedIn]
A bit more detail on the topics covered in this episode:
- Scott shares the story of how he came up with the idea for his company, Bravous, by losing a key employee [2:00]
- Are kids (and college graduates) becoming more introverted? [6:07]
- How Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions are like a real-life version of Minecraft [11:42]
- Passion trumps tools (and the unsung heroes that are folio artists) [18:00]
- Three components of improving engagement [22:53]
- Which organizations best support innovation? [33:25]
- Gaming is generational — and will becoming increasingly important younger employees [38:40]
- How Bravous helps make engagement fun [45:08]
Enjoy this week’s episode, and be sure to subscribe for more content like this every Friday, as well as interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors every Monday. Thanks for listening!