How do I recover deletions in the Windows 10 OneNote app? #M365AMA
In this episode, the #M365AMA panel discusses the following community question:
“We are using the windows 10 OneNote App and are struggling with accidental deletions of pages and sections. Is there a way to restore or find pages we have accidentally deleted or moved other that what we have done so far? I have checked:
· View Tab, Deleted Notes but the history is disabled.
· I have used search to try and locate the pages no luck.
· I have tried recycle bin in SharePoint as linked to a class team no luck.
· I have tried opening the Notebook in the 2016 version of OneNote but as never used this app no backup or history.
Anyone has any ideas? This is both for students and teachers.”
Check out the discussion here:
Participating in this discussion were:
- Christian Buckley @buckleyplanet
- Shari Oswald @shortcutshari
- Neil Hodgkinson @nellymo
- Mike Nelson @mikenelsonIO
- Noah Sparks @noahsparks
- Hal Hostetler @TVWizard
- Norm Young @stormin_30
- Eric Riz @rizinsights
Some comments and relevant links shared by the team:
- Recover deleted notes (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/recover-deleted-notes-32ed1036-74fd-4c21-bc28-033a486e6b14)
- Enable and configure versioning for a list or library (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/enable-and-configure-versioning-for-a-list-or-library-1555d642-23ee-446a-990a-bcab618c7a37)
- Where are onenote notebooks (data files) stored? What/where do they sync to? (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/where-are-onenote-notebooks-data-files-stored/d540e9ff-00a2-42ec-b899-8a5920990d21)