CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 40
For Episode 40 of the CollabTalk Podcast, the conversation focused on the future of work and the hybrid organization, and what, exactly, that means for the modern workplace. After reading an article in CMSWire that stated “Hybrid work is not about embracing new technology and leaving the physical office behind. It’s about how to use connected technology to build a connected and capable workforce in different spaces to achieve your goals. The hybrid workplace isn’t just the future of offices — it’s the future of collaboration itself.” I reached out to the author and invited him to join the podcast and expand on this idea. You can listen to the podcast above and follow me using your favorite app, such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or the iHeartRadio app. Be sure to subscribe!
Joining me on this podcast:
- Tim Kulp (@tim_kulp), Chief Innovation Officer at Mind Over Machines and a member of the Forbes Tech Council and is a frequent writer and presenter on how AI is changing the workforce and the world. [LinkedIn]
A bit more detail on the topics covered in this episode:
- Organizations had already started modifying physical spaces for hybrid work [5:14]
- Where is the gap in modern organizations when it comes to planning for the hybrid workplace? [7:50]
- We’re entering a new era for management, team building, and collaboration technology [16:08]
- The Mind Over Machines approach to automation [24:12]
- How much automation is too much automation? Is it possible to “jump the shark” when it comes to automation in the workplace? [30:12]
- You cannot fully remove the human component — healthy governance requires human oversight [34:38]
- When exploring ways for your business to automate, go small [39:33]
Enjoy this week’s episode, and be sure to subscribe for more content like this every Friday, as well as interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors every Monday. Thanks for listening!