How do I take my career forward with SharePoint? #M365AMA
In this episode, the #M365AMA panel discusses the following community question:
“I worked extensively in Sharepoint Admin on premise and then took a break. After that the whole world looks changed. How do I take my career forward into Sharepoint?
- Certification: plz guide which one, to get confidence and job.
- Courses: Online courses but for what and where?
- Self Study: I prefer this, but it seems to be an ocean and not systematic Or as per business requirement.
- How good and how stable it is to be on SPFX side?
Please guide. Thanks.”
Check out the discussion here:
Participating in this discussion were:
- Christian Buckley @buckleyplanet
- Sharon Weaver @sharoneweaver
- Neil Hodgkinson @nellymo
- Hal Hostetler @TVWizard
- Mike Nelson @mikenelsonIO
- Norm Young @stormin_30
Some relevant notes/links shared by the team:
- Generally speaking, consider expanding into solutions, rather than just admin. Learn about flat architecture, how SharePoint integrates with Teams, head to a community conference, follow people on Twitter, etc. Microsoft provides a great overview of SharePoint developer community resources at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/community/community
- Understand what Modern is and isn’t. Stay abreast of changes by listening to the Intrazone podcast https://intrazone.libsyn.com/
- Another great resource is MVP Vlad Catrinescu’s certification study guides, training lists, and more at https://vladtalkstech.com/
- You definitely want to get plugged into the Patterns and Practices (PnP) community https://pnp.github.io/