How do I make my SharePoint site publicly viewable? #M365AMA
In this episode, the #M365AMA panel discusses the following community question:
“If I create a site on SharePoint, can I share it to public so they can visit my site ?”
Check out the discussion here:
Participating in this discussion were:
- Christian Buckley @buckleyplanet
- Shari Oswald @shortcutshari
- Norm Young @stormin_30
- Joy Apple @JoyOfSharePoint
- Sharon Weaver @sharoneweaver
- Hal Hostetler @tvwizard
Some relevant notes/links shared by the team:
- Microsoft has removed SharePoint public sites as an official offering. Instead, they suggest getting a public website from a third-party provider, such as GoDaddy or WiX.
- As Sharon mentions, you can also make a SharePoint site public by navigating to site settings, selecting site permissions, modifying permission levels, adding anonymous access, and saving changes.
- Related discussion on Reddit, which also mentions leveraging Power Pages instead of SharePoint [https://www.reddit.com/r/sharepoint/comments/v68ikh/sharepoint_and_public_facing_websites/]
- Create a site with Power Pages [https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-pages/getting-started/create-manage]