CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 47
For Episode 47 of the CollabTalk Podcast, the conversation focused on the progression of project and portfolio management solutions into the modern knowledge and information management systems that we use today. You can listen to the podcast above and follow me using your favorite app, such as Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or the iHeartRadio app. Be sure to subscribe!
Joining me on this podcast:
- Treb Gatte (@tgatte), Founder and CEO of Bellevue, Washington-based Marquee Insights focusing on the human aspects of adoption business intelligence. Treb is a Data Platform MVP, and a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist. [LinkedIn]
A bit more detail on the topics covered in this episode:
- Treb shares some of his background, including time as a Program Manager on the Microsoft Project product team [1:44]
- Modern companies have a much stronger focus on outcomes when investing in solutions [7:23]
- Treb expands on what Microsoft is doing with Microsoft Viva components (Topics and SharePoint Syntex) [11:31]
- Project tasks are just a small percentage of the work we do each day, and which should be measured [17:20]
- Understanding our own goals, objectives, and key results [22:18]
- Accounting for errors is (or should be) encouraged so that people experiment [26:39]
- Sometimes the best reaction to change is to not react [31:34]
- There are massive opportunities for individuals and companies in working with data [37:07]
- Organizing personalized tools, and managing the data that is relevant to your own day to day activities [42:48]
Enjoy this week’s episode, and be sure to subscribe for more content like this every Friday, as well as interviews with Microsoft MVPs and Regional Directors every Monday. Thanks for listening!