February 2023 Content Wrap-Up
The shortest month of the year has come and gone, and here is my summary of my blog posts, videos, and event activities. Lots going on – some of which I can’t yet announce. But it was nice to see that my work was recognized by Thinkers 360 as one of the “50 Thought Leading Companies on Digital Transformation 2023” with a desktop award in the mail.
Oh, and I also joined the Rencore team as the Director of Partner Management for North America. Technically, this was a March 1st announcement, but I’ve been working with the team in the background since the start of the month, and so it fits into my February activities. Lots more to come on that news, including a blog that’ll post tomorrow. And this also explains the fun featured image for this post, which is from a road trip a few years back with several members of the Rencore team, as well as Sharegate’s Benjamin Niaulin, as we drove between events in Austin, Texas and Denver, Colorado via Roswell, New Mexico. With giant photos of our faces on foam-core posterboards.
If you are an MSP, consulting company, or VAR within the US or Canada and are interested in learning more about the Rencore Governance solution to help manage the complexity of Microsoft 365, please drop me a line. I’d love to give you a demo and talk about the many different ways that you can support your customers with the help of Rencore.
And now….this past month’s content:
Talking about AI
Everyone seems to be talking about AI and, specifically, ChatGPT. February’s #CollabTalk TweetJam focused on the topic, and I’ll have a post-tweetjam interview going live sometime in March. I also penned a couple of blog posts on the topic, including a fun conversation with ChatGPT about the consequences of relying too much on AI.
- From Six Degrees to ChatGPT [blog | LinkedIn]
- The New, Improved Bing [blog]
- The AI Takeover of Productivity Tools [blog]
- The Consequences of Relying Too Much on AI [blog]
Only one #CollabTalk podcast last month due to some schedule changes with two of my guests, but more coming in March! But I did manage to continue the #MVPbuzzChat series with four more MVP interviews. If you’re interested in getting to know MVPs and find out their paths into the program, be sure to subscribe!
- CollabTalk Podcast | Episode 71 with Geoff Varosky [blog | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with David Musgrave [blog | YouTube | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Kay Sauter [blog | YouTube | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Craig Jahnke [blog | YouTube | podcast]
- #MVPbuzzChat with Barret Blake [blog | YouTube | podcast]
In case you missed it, I joined the Rencore team for a webinar on the forthcoming price changes for Microsoft cloud services, with ways that organizations can optimize costs. Check out my post, go watch the recording, or check out my slides below.
Talkin’ bout Productivity
I managed to write a few posts focused on productivity, including two posts on the new Teams Free version.
- What happens when you share via OneDrive? [blog]
- What is Communities in Teams? [blog]
- Productivity Tip: Increase Engagement with Teams Free [blog]
- How Viva Engage Can Drive Adoption and Engagement [blog]
Microsoft 365 Ask-Me-Anything (#M365AMA ‘s)
A quiet month for the AMA’s. I have around 30 videos recorded, but just have not had time for the post-production. I’ll be making time this weekend, and at least 10 to 12 will be published in March, with the rest in April. Good stuff. If you like this format, be sure to also subscribe to my YouTube channel and check out the playlists.
- Is it possible to download everything from OneDrive? #M365AMA [blog | YouTube]
- Can Teams send emergency broadcast messages? #M365AMA [blog | YouTube]
- Can I cut and paste from Word over to OneNote? #M365AMA [blog | YouTube]
- Why won’t Outlook retain my email account and password? #M365AMA [blog | YouTube]
Thought Leadership Entries
Occasionally it’s nice to explore a thought or idea without having a product attached to it. I am, at my core, a product marketing guy, but I thought I’d share some of the thoughts rumbling around in my head…
- Is Digital Empathy Broken? [blog]
- When Does Data Become Knowledge? [blog]
- What kind of marketing actually works? [blog]
- Content Strategy: Defining Personas [blog]
- 7 Ways to Improve Organizational Productivity [blog]
Sharing Favorites from the Music Collection
More favorites from my music catalog, all of which had beginnings in the late 1970’s, with two of the bands (PiL, Wire) still together and making music today!
- Blue Plate Special: Thompson Twins [blog]
- Blue Plate Special: Big Audio Dynamite [blog]
- Blue Plate Special: Public Image Limited [blog]
- Blue Plate Special: Wire [blog]
Wrapping up this month’s entries with last month’s content wrap-up:
- January 2023 Content Wrap-Up [blog]
And that’s it for this short month. More big news happening in March! Also, I’ll be driving down to the Dallas area mid-month to help my inlaws move, so that’ll be fun. I’m a fan of roadtrips, so actually looking forward to a few days off to see more of the US southwest region. Plus more content to be published elsewhere (not just to this blog) in addition to my daily posts. Keep watching this space for updates!